Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Pinto Art Museum Sitting Pretty in Antipolo

My boyfriend and I have a common aversion for extravagant celebrations or cheesy surprises on a day like Valentine's Day. While we're not fans of candle-lit dinners, flower arrangements or heart-shaped chocolate gifts, we don't wait for once a year occasions to go the extra mile. Mostly because, we made up on the 364 days of the year. 

Speaking of year, four years ago, I remember succumbing to make a big deal out of Valentine's Day. (There goes that phase in life, haha.) So, during that adjustment period as couple, I recall booking a dinner reservation at Bellini's for our first February 14 together. Then, the succeeding February 14s were treated as, uhm, normal as our after-class dates way back college. 

But today, the idea of quality time has changed (matured) quite a bit. (Blame almost two years of far-flung relationship!) Let's recall one recent experience, shall we? 

This Valentines, we went to go see the Pinto Art Museum. I love art. He loves art. I can't think of a better way to channel this love than spending an afternoon in a museum.  

Tucked into the Grand Heights Subdivision in Antipolo, it's an art enclave that's definitely worth a visit. 

A few artistic scenes from Pinto Art. 

Upon registering, we were met with a lot of people due to the occasion's doing. I'm not complaining, though. Like I said in a past post, going to galleries is to build a community of like-minded artists. Ahem.

Anyway, Pinto Art is a great exploration of space, color, shape and nature. 

A beautiful spread of Elmer Borlongan's paintings grace the first three spaces and here are some photos. 
While in the upstairs gallery... 

Get a peek at some of my favourite pieces...

If you know me or if you've been reading this blog, you'll know that indigenous arts is something close to my heart. So you can imagine how happy I was when I discover this quaint museum. It's the right finale for a welcome visit. 


Photos snapped with an iPhone 5. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sis. Vavid na ja :> Commute kamu kanaw?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup Sis. From LRT Line 2 Santolan Station, ride a jeep/fx going to Antipolo. Once you reach Antipolo, ride a tricycle and ask the driver to drop you at Grand Heights Subdivision. :)

      Delete