Pages

Sunday, February 8, 2015

43 Months: A Pre-Valentine's Day Post


Hi! We've already hit the second month of the year. Which meaaaaaans, Valentine's Day is just around the corner. I hope your February is sprouting its way into something loving and wonderful.

I was going to post about the third leg of End the Year Strong series, but then I thought about our stop over in a heritage hotel and I wanted to give it the spotlight it deserved. So, here goes! 

If there's one thing the 43 months of commitment has taught me, it's that the amount of expectation can either make or break a couple's date. Which is why when Butch told me about our trip to Ngong Ping last December, I knew that it would be the perfect opportunity to use the secret. 

Ngong Ping is a highland situated in Lantau Island - the largest outlying island of Hong Kong, which is two rides away from the main island. This idyllic side of the city appeared on my radar while working on the itinerary months before the trip. Famous tourist traps here are the Big Buddha and Tai O Fishing Village, which I won't go into detail yet. 

It was our first time there so we thought that it might be a time saving option to just book a tour. Thus, we opted the 360 Lantau Sunset Tour. Want to know the best part? Butch and I were the only ones who reserved on that day. Just me and Butch and Peggy, our guide. Hashtag exclusive couple tour, haha.

One of the perks of the tour was a dinner at Tai O Heritage Hotel, a picturesque structure steeped on a small hill next to a pier. Built in 1902 as a police station, the heritage hotel seamlessly fuses traditional and contemporary architectural elements while preserving its strong history. 

From the fishing village, we took a boat excursion to get there. I was freezing the whole ride but I am so glad to have embraced the island life again. I got to reunite with the saltwater, horizon and sunset. You know the smell of home? Aaaaaah, that's what I smelled. 

We saw a few locals when we were dropped off at the pier. 

On our way to the hotel, we managed to find a few things of beauty and wonder.

   
A concierge was waiting at the entrance to welcome and give us the tour. 

Everything is very serene and romantic. The place was so dreamy and the only thing I see was my dream house. As much as I kind of hate to admit it, these moments make me want to marry Butch right then and there, haha. 

If not because of the colder weather, I would have preferred to have dinner outside. 

But the Tai O Lookout, where we had dinner, wasn't a downer. Not at all. It's a restaurant that has beautiful interiors with a glass-canopy roof and panoramic views of the South China Sea. 

The only dish that was photographed well. When paired with a cup of coffee and fantastic conversations it was a perfect medley to end our day.

Thank you. That afternoon was more than everything we wanted it to be.

Photos by Butch Domingo 
Edited by Me 

No comments:

Post a Comment